I did it!
I participated in a Twitter chat.
I chose #litlangchat because my concentrations are in Language Arts and Social Studies.
I was kind of nervous going in to actually participate (I know that sounds silly) but I am only a teacher-student and I wasn't sure if my opinions mattered to the AP English teachers, ya know?
I know I have opinions and I think I know what I'm talking about, but who knows...maybe I have no idea.
Anyway, I really liked being able to communicate with teachers all over the country about what I love. It was pretty difficult at one point because I was so restricted and readers can tell I love to write....hence the 2-page posts.
It was also challenging because I wasn't sure how users were interpreting my words; the ever-important tone of voice is not a factor in the conversation. While I did participate, I refrained from disagreeing with others (this time) solely for this reason.
I was really surprised when users participating in the chat responded and really seemed to listen to what I was saying. I had many users retweet and favorite my tweets and I even had one-on-one conversations with a few users.
That's what I love about technology and utilizing it the right way. I was able to connect with teachers and share ideas and opinions without leaving my room. It's so great that if we ever hit a "teacher's block" about how to build a lesson on nouns, we can simply tweet and hundreds, thousands, millions of teachers will come to the rescue!
#exaggeration
:)
Comments
Post a Comment